A word from our owner about COVID-19 Precautions at Deserved Comfort
As the owner of Deserved Comfort, I would like to share with you some of the things we are doing to help keep our valued clients healthy and secure in their homes during this time of the Coronavirus. I also want to share with you what we are doing to help keep our tireless and devoted team of technicians healthy and secure.
As you may know, we are locally owned and operated and we have been in business for more than 34 years. When I say that our clients and our employees are at the heart of everything we do, I mean it. And right now, I mean it more than ever. We are here for you, your family, and our employees. So to be sure we are able to keep delivering our high quality cleaning services to you and your family (especially now, when our services are needed most), here are some of the precautions that our team here at Deserved Comfort has implemented:
- Each technician has been given leniency to call out of work if they are feeling under the weather. However, all technicians are required to carry a thermometer in their car and to check their temperature prior to entering your home. We ask that you will please understand if your technician is unable to clean on your scheduled date due to any possible health risk. We will give you as much notice as possible.
- Each technician will be wearing masks and protective disposable gloves prior to entering your home and will wear them throughout the entire cleaning procedure until they exit your home. Technicians will thoroughly wash their hands when changing gloves throughout the cleaning.
- Technicians normally bring in clean and sanitized microfiber cloths into your home. However, during this time, we are giving technicians the option to continue to bring in their color coded cloths, or they can opt to bring in company supplied lint free disposable towels and hospital grade disinfectant sprays and wipes, so that they can be disposed of when the cleaning is complete. This will limit any possible transfer of germs to our technicians. All other tools and caddies will be disinfected prior to entering your home. PLEASE NOTE: When disinfecting surfaces, the disinfectant needs to sit wet on the surface usually for 2 to 10 minutes to work properly. You may notice us using more cleanser than normal and us not drying surfaces as per the disinfectant instructions. Therefore you may notice residue or spotting.
- We will be giving special attention to all “high touch” areas, such as door knobs, light switches, refrigerator handles, drawer and cabinet pulls, etc.
- If you currently have “changing linens” included as a part of your service, we ask that during this time you will strip the bed and remove the linens prior to our arrival. We will be happy to put the fresh, clean linens on the bed(s) and make the bed(s) as usual. Also, we will not be making beds at all unless we have placed new linens on the bed.
- We request that when our technicians are in the home cleaning, that the room we are in will be free of other people while that particular room is being cleaned and sanitized, if at all possible. If that is not possible, we’d like to exclude that room or be sure we keep our 6 feet of social distance as the CDC is recommending.
- Lastly, if you or anyone in your family is sick, experiencing flu-like symptoms, has tested positive for the flu or coronavirus, or has recently traveled outside of South Carolina, we ask that you will notify us immediately to cancel your appointment. We will be waiving all cancelation fees that are related to illness during this time.
In addition to taking added precautions, my staff and I have been taking additional courses and certifications to bring us up to date on the most effective ways to battle and safely deal with this novel Coronavirus. You can place your trust in Deserved Comfort and we want you to know that your wellness and good health is of utmost importance to us. It’s times like these when we know how much you count on a highly trained and well experienced company to help you protect you and your family. It’s been our pleasure for over 34 years serving our wonderful clients, who we think of as family. We will continue to keep you up to date on any changes that may arise. Should you have any questions about anything that we are doing, any special requests during this time or need to make any changes in service, please give us a call 803-739-9700. Take care of yourself and your family, and count on Deserved Comfort to take care of your home!
~ Marlo McKelvey Kanipe